Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Training Session

I'm proud to say, the hubs and I made it through our first hurdle--running our first training session. We ran the two miles from our house to the nearby race track and park where we ran another round. It was tough, especially tough on the hubby who complained of sore joints and an aching back. On the other hand, I was feeling good, and I might have been able to go another mile if I hadn't reminded myself that this was my first run in a long time and to take it easy.
I haven't quite convinced the hubby to run the marathon with me ("That's crazy talk!" he says when I bring it up) but he's willing to run and exercise more since his usually lean and lanky physique has gotten somewhat rounder in recent months (insert gut here).
Considering recommended training schedules for beginners recommend running two miles three times a week for the first week, I think I'm doing well. We'll see how I fare in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment